20946The Audit Report

  • Dan Swanson
    Feb 21
      fyi.

      Regards.
      Dan
      Dan Swanson and Associates, Ltd.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. Aristotle

      Click here to view this message in a browser window.
      Do Millennials Really Require a Different Management Style?
      Newsflash: Millennials don't stay in their jobs very long. They lack loyalty and focus. And they need oodles and oodles of positive reinforcement. So say the several surveys and reports that portend to put their finger on the pulse of the generation born roughly between 1980 and 2000 and tell us how to relate to these skateboard-riding, texting-obsessed, criticism-adverse, video game junkies with short attention spans. They tell us to throw away the management strategies we've been honing for decades and get ready to do some coddling. Millennials are different, they say, and need a special kind of handling. I might be bucking conventional wisdom here, but I'm not buying it.
      Help Wanted: Internal Audit Talent Gap Widening
      For the last few years internal audit executives have fretted over finding the right people to staff a department that is taking on several new roles. Now, it appears those concerns are only deepening. Among the top problems internal audit shops face is finding good people to hire. "Companies are really struggling to find people with the skill set required for today's internal auditor," says Sandy Pundmann, U.S. internal audit practice lead at Deloitte.
      Where Bribery and Corruption Still Reign
      The U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission are on something of a roll lately in bringing corruption cases to fruition under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Together, the agencies concluded 26 enforcement actions against companies and individuals—including three cases where regulators declined to prosecute but enforced strict reforms—through the first half of 2016, according to the FCPA Blog which tracks such cases. That's more than the 20 enforcement actions the DoJ and SEC jointly concluded in all of 2015.
      Looking for more knowledge on internal audit? Explore the Internal Audit and IT Audit Book Series. The goal of the series, edited by Dan Swanson, is to produce leading-edge books on critical subjects for internal audit executives and practitioners.
      <

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic