23570The Audit Report

  • Dan Swanson
    Nov 1 7:31 AM

      Click here to view this message in a browser window.
      Adam Rutan, Director of Internal Audit at Cardinal Health, has probably always been an approachable, amicable person with a whole lot of common sense. When I met Adam several years back, not only did his natural qualities come across easily, but also his commitment to people and audit was obvious. Creating audit teams that work well together is one of Rutan’s passions. And what he reveals about how to build a good team requires introspection on the part of the director and manager.
      Weekly Insights
      Seeing as many IT audit positions require candidates to hold information security certificates, how do we as an assurance community prepare tomorrow's security-savvy workforce? The reality is, education surrounding information security need to be introduced at the middle and high school levels. Additionally, it's critical to build more adult education programs to recruit those with an analytical aptitude.
      Why do some internal auditors effectively prepare workpapers and write audit reports with ease, yet stumble when it comes to most other forms of communication? Whether speaking with teammates, meeting with audit customers, or presenting to the Chief Audit Executive (CAE) or audit committee, an internal auditor will find her job extremely difficult if she cannot be clear and concise when trying to make a point.
      Upcoming Events
      Webinar Training:
      Developing High Performance Teams
      November 10, 2017
      12:00 - 2:00 PM ET
      Seminar Training:
      Fundamentals of Internal Auditing
      November 28 - 30, 2017
      San Francisco, CA
      Conference Training:
      SuperStrategies
      November 14 - 16, 2017
      Las Vegas, NV
      The MISTI Job Board
      At MISTI, our aim is to provide training to internal auditors to help them enable positive change within their organization.
      Tap into career advancement opportunities, or discover qualified candidates to fill your open positions all in one place.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic