Hi Chris, I've checked everything that I can think of, repeatedly. both axes swing very smoothly. Minimal slack everywhere but no binding. Usually do 2 + 4, (2skyguy82003
This seems to me as if it's some sort of mechanical problem. Maybe something is loose and when the OTA is looking in one direction it slips to a slightlyscope_sapiens
Hi John, Perplexing for sure. I would expect that any slippage would be reflected in subsequent targets. Last time out I visited M 51 early and then one to twoskyguy82003
All owners of the AVX are encouraged to share their joys or pain here.
The idea is to gather the people who own this mount, to report their success or failures, so we can build a database of knowledge and experience as new persons purchase this New improved mount from Celestron.
- 10 Feb, 2013
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.