Two things to change: - swap the two Dec adjustment bolts. Put the short one on the polar scope side - change the location of the RA adjustment pin on themistyvalleyranch
I postrd the cure for the long altitude bolt last year in the "doug_ostroski" album. cure is one metric threaded rod of appropriate length with a metric nutdoug_ostroski
John, that's what I did, I used a short piece of threaded rod and then drilled small hole for handle to give me good leverage. You can see it in this picture:astro_senior
All owners of the AVX are encouraged to share their joys or pain here.
The idea is to gather the people who own this mount, to report their success or failures, so we can build a database of knowledge and experience as new persons purchase this New improved mount from Celestron.
- 10 Feb, 2013
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.