277Re: Central High Alumnus and Former Guyana Ambassador to UN, Noel Sincla

  • i.prashad
    Feb 7
           I was fortunate to be among a group that started at Central in 1954. There was Patrick Fung, Sunil Persaud, Hutton Saul, the Lam brothers, and Daniels, Gravesande,  Dublin, Gobin, Olive Wong and the Adams, Neisha Khan, Gaffor and Noel Sinclair ( and  others, including Nola). We spent 5 years and became fast friends, spending birthdays together, playing games and visiting each other's home. I remember one party at Noel's home  ( an elder sister had just returned from UWI, I think) and his mother made chicken salad, delicious).
          Noel was a leader ( Head Prefect), intelligent and open. I have not seen him since High School, but did receive an e-mail a couple years ago, but I was aware of his career in the Foreign Service and was regularly updated by our good friend, James Mangar. He had a very positive impact on me and that has stayed with me ( I can see his infectious smile and his calm as I write this. The memories of those 5 years come flooding back and II am beholden.
           My deepest, heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
           Goodbye my friend and thanks for the memories.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic