15415Re: [gaiapc] Controversial 'free research' site Sci-Hub could be blocked in US after legal blow

  • Karl S North
      The whole copyright/patent apparatus typical of capitalism is based on the myth that people will not innovate unless they can maximize the monetary rewards. The millions of scientists getting only a salary in corporate and government research, whose inventions benefit only the shareholders or the public, expose this myth. Some of the best science in the world was done in the early USSR before Stalin politicized research.

      On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Steve Kurtz kurtzs@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      Karl North -  http://karlnorth.com/
      "Pueblo que canta no morira" - Cuban saying
      "They only call it class warfare when we fight back" - Anon.
      "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
       —Saudi saying
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic