15416Re: [TGC] [gaiapc] Vatican Workshop

  • JACK ALPERT
      Luis,

      I looked through the documents   I could not find the minority consensus.

      Can you point me to it.

      JACK

      Jack Alpert      PhD   Director:
      Stanford Knowledge Integration Laboratory    http://www.skil.org
      (C) 913 708 2554      alpert@...     skype: SKILdog
      13617 W. 48th Street Shawnee, KS  66216

      On Nov 8, 2017, at 1:28 AM, Alexander Carpenter alexander@... [thegreatchange] <thegreatchange@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      And our optimists seem like pessimists to the usual HOT crowd. As our local sheriffs say,"It is what it is." Resistance is futile...

      And we can all rest assured that every prediction with any specificity will be wrong, especially the most doomish and the most Pollyanna. Reasonableness either way is not conducive to accuracy, since the world is not organized around reason, if only because that whore reason will sleep with any pretty face.

      On 7/11/17 11:17 PM, Steve Kurtz kurtzs@... [thegreatchange] wrote:

      Luis,

      You know what those on these lists think! Few if any are optimists.

      Steve

      On Nov 7, 2017, at 11:21 PM, Luis Gutierrez ltg4263@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      FYI, this is the latest "green" wisdom coming from the Vatican:

      Declaration of Workshop on
      Health of People, Health of Planet and Our Responsibility ~
      Climate Change, Air Pollution and Health

      Pontifical Academy of Sciences, Vatican City, 2-4 November 2017
      http://www.pas.va/content/accademia/en/events/2017/health/declaration.html

      Predictably, politically incorrect issues such as population growth and energy return on investment are not mentioned, so it is hard to understand how any of the "Proposed Solutions" can be feasible; but this is a good summary of the majority "optimistic consensus" endorsed by Pope Francis and many highly capable people.

      The minority "pessimistic consensus" is that, with world population still growing, and "clea n" energy alternatives being incapable of sustaining the load, the future is grim even if most people experience "ecological conversion."

      What do you think?

      Luis

      --

      Alexander Carpenter

      305 Sovereign Lane

      Santa Rosa  95401

      California, USA

      cell 707-527-2732

            Man is the missing link between apes and human beings.

                                  Konrad Lorenz

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic