      Luis, today's Toronto Star had a small article indicating that Pope Francis is moving toward taking divorce off the total taboo list and to enable Catholics to re-marry.   But a group of hard core Cardinals are suggesting he is a heretic.
      Anyhow Francis seems to be about the first ray of light on the church's horizon in a long time - but   changing the inertia slow and dangerous work!
      Don

      On 2017-11-08 7:48 AM, Luis Gutierrez ltg4263@... [gaiapc] wrote:

      I know, but posted this because there are so many brilliant minds in the Vatican academy.  Some of the "solutions" seem naive to me, but apparently are reasonable to them.  This is a group of highly talented and awesomely learned people.  Could it be that we are missing something?

      These people cannot possibly be so misinformed as to think that population growth and energy density are irrelevant factors.  Are they just being doctrinaire?  Perhaps they think that we just have to keep struggling with the issues, doing what can be done without recurring to fixes that are not "good for people" based on their understanding of human nature?

      Luis

      On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 2:17 AM, Steve Kurtz kurtzs@... [thegreatchange] <thegreatchange@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Luis,

      You know what those on these lists think! Few if any are optimists.

      Steve

      On Nov 7, 2017, at 11:21 PM, Luis Gutierrez ltg4263@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      FYI, this is the latest "green" wisdom coming from the Vatican:

      Declaration of Workshop on
      Health of People, Health of Planet and Our Responsibility ~
      Climate Change, Air Pollution and Health

      Pontifical Academy of Sciences, Vatican City, 2-4 November 2017
      http://www.pas.va/content/ accademia/en/events/2017/ health/declaration.html

      Predictably, politically incorrect issues such as population growth and energy return on investment are not mentioned, so it is hard to understand how any of the "Proposed Solutions" can be feasible; but this is a good summary of the majority "optimistic consensus" endorsed by Pope Francis and many highly capable people.

      The minority "pessimistic consensus" is that, with world population still growing, and "clea n" energy alternatives being incapable of sustaining the load, the future is grim even if most people experience "ecological conversion."

      What do you think?

      Luis