15615Re: [gaiapc] MIT Scientists Created a New Method of Turning CO2 into Fuel

  • Jada Thacker
      Exactly. Things too good to be true are not true. We can change lead into gold, too, but we can't do so without massive external energy inputs more valuable than gold. Same here with energy. That's why these sorts of articles never mention EROEI. To be fair, the scientists probably are not scamming. If you asked them personally, they'd most likely readily admit their process uses far more energy than it "produces." That's why the journalists never ask such questions: doing so does not sell advertising or snag investors -- which is the sole purpose of such "informative" articles.

      Jada

      On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:07 PM, "Luis Gutierrez ltg4263@... [gaiapc]" <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      I have the same question: EROEI?  Sounds too good to be true.  Also, scale up?

      Luis

      On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Steve Kurtz kurtzs@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      EROEI?  Done using solar or waste heat according to this, but extremely high temperatures are required.