15621Re: [gaiapc] FW: The Movie "Killing Europe" has been cancelled

  • Jada Thacker
      To all,

      The last Muslim existential military threat to Christendom occurred at the naval Battle of Lepanto in 1571, in which the Muslims were decisively crushed. In the ensuing 446 years, no Muslim force has ever posed a serious military threat to any Western national power, much less to the West in general.

      Since (and even well before) the Muslim defeat at Lepanto, the dominant geopolitical event in World History has been the conquest and economic exploitation of the entire planet by European colonization -- specifically to include the spearhead still provided by North Americans and their European partners in what reasonably could be called Grand Theft Planet. Neocolonialism continues, though usually through international corporate trade "agreements" and banking.

      In the past 20 years or so, some violent Muslims have preached and practiced organized violence, principally directed at the Western-backed puppet dictators in their own countries, and at members of rival sects/tribes within their own societies, but also (though relatively rarely) against the Western world itself. Also in the past 20 years or so, the West has unleashed extreme military violence against Muslim-majority societies that posed no serious, much less existential, threat to he West.

      Muslims fleeing both the Western military/economic intervention in their home countries, as well as the socioeconomic and sectarian chaos and attendant violence caused by such intervention, have migrated worldwide. This has caused consternation among some Western people, whose nations have invaded, bombed, or overthrown Muslim governments worldwide even when such governments were relatively benign or even popular.

      Westerners who obsess about "burgeoning Islam" or the Islamic "Trojan Horse" in Western society appear oblivious to the reality that refugees do not choose to be refugees and that the reason the "Trojan Horse" worked in mythology was because the Greeks possessed the military force to annihilate the Trojans if their ruse proved successful. In the present case, most Muslim refugee immigrants have little choice but to escape their destroyed societies, which certainly do not possess the military power required to destroy Western societies.

      The US experiences precisely the same refugee problem across its southern border, as Central American immigrants seek to escape the effects of US interventions in their own countries. If the US and Europe wish to avoid such refugee problems, it seems only reasonable they should first avoid causing them.

      For a more comprehensive view of US-Muslim recent history, I recommend the David Stockman piece below. FYI, I do not necessarily agree at all with Mr. Stockman's economic or domestic political views, but his grasp of geopolitical history is impressive, if certainly pointed. This article was originally published in 2015, but is possibly even more relevant today.

      Jada

      On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:14 AM, "Helmut L helmut.lubbers@... [gaiapc]" <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      Hi Madeline,
      I just now read this mail of yours.
      Thanks. It seems to recapitulate pretty well the essence of the radio
      ORF1 broadcast.
      HelmutL

      --
      HLubbers www.ecoglobe.ch/requiem