15648email Trudeau: try to save the boreal forest

  • Steve Kurtz
      The future health of our planet depends heavily on 1 billion acres of majestic trees, lakes, and wetlands just below the Arctic Circle -- known as the Canadian boreal forest.

      Canada’s boreal forest is home to hundreds of Indigenous communities, helps regulate the global climate by holding more than 306 billion tons of carbon in its soils, plants, and wetlands, and provides habitat to the iconic boreal caribou and thousands of other species.

      But right now, the boreal forest, its Indigenous communities, and its boreal caribou, are facing significant threats from logging and other industrial activity.

      I just messaged Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, urging him to protect Canada’s boreal forest and boreal caribou. Will you join me? Here’s the link to send your message now: http://on.nrdc.org/2zUR4my