15660Re: [gaiapc] FW: 2 The Movie "Killing Europe" has been cancelled

  • Don Chisholm
      Steve, such sarcastic bating detracts from our usual civil exchanges in views.
      Don

      On 2017-11-30 6:03 AM, Steve Kurtz kurtzs@... [gaiapc] wrote:

      Karl,

      I’m awaiting your astute rebuttals to Madeline's recent posts.

      Steve

      On Nov 30, 2017, at 12:43 AM, 'Madeline Weld' madweld@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      Islam is more violent than most religions because Islam is the only major religion to have jihad, or holy war, embedded in its sacred scriptures and endorsed by its founder. Its founder, Mohammed, is another reason that Islam is more violent than other religions. He was (after failing as a non-violent wannabe prophet) a very successful warlord who plundered and raped (unlike, for example, Jesus). And Mohammad is the perfect model for mankind to emulate. And finally, Islamic sharia law applies to everyone, not just Muslims. That is, sharia law dictates how the various categories of non-Muslims are to be treated. (Hint: not well. Look up the Code of Omar.)

      The Islamic message, despite doctrinal differences among Sunnis and Shiites (who between them make up about 95% of the Muslim population), is that the whole world must be brought under Islamic sharia law. This often makes it difficult for Muslims to play nicely with others.

      Or maybe I’m just blinded by ignorance, fear and hate.

      Madeline

      On 2017-11-29 12:32 PM, Karl S North knorth@... [gaiapc] wrote:

      No, Don, as I and others have argued at length, what you call stealth Islam is not just "somewhat related", it is directly related to the imperial stealth funding of its activities by the CIA and Saudi Arabia in collusion. No one denies the existence of various shades of aggressive Wahabism. But without that funding and the longtime imperial prop to the hoary antidiluvian monarchy that is its source, stealth Islam would starve and die back to an irrelevant entity.

      DC: Since this issue is not verifiable as black or white, I'll likely to continue to think that aggression is built into the Islamic message, and it was likely amplified for them by the US aggression in the past 1/2+ decade.

        I am sorry that you did not see fit to roundly condemn the article your friend Madelaine promoted for the obviously ideologically-driven piece of propaganda that it is. Such trash is regularly produced by US imperial propagandists, intended to activate the bigotry seething just below the surface of North American culture, fomenting fear and acceptance of the surveillance state at home and continued wars abroad.

      DC As I mentioned before, I thought it was a bit 'over the top' in delivery, but the message delivered had a lot of reality.
      And it may well play into the hands, 'Big Brother Watching'.
      Don

      On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Don Chisholm donchism@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      Helmut, I agree that it was useful for: <<Karl, Jada, Thanks for pointing again at our wars of aggression, destabilising and destroying whole regions, and the comments on the effects of the TransAtlanticPartnership.>>

      While these are big bad issues of our current history, but Madeline's references were about stealth Islam. These different items, but no doubt, somewhat related.
      Don

      On 2017-11-27 5:06 AM, Helmut L helmut.lubbers@... [gaiapc] wrote:

      Madeline, I find such suggestions a weird way of discussing: "I suppose you think that jihad is all about self-improvement".
      On this list, at least me, I think I'm not stupid.

      Indeed, other reactions clearly explain how "the US or Israel (and their "vasal states") must somehow be responsible for the latest massive attack on the Sufi mosque in Sinai" and much more.

      Karl, Jada, Thanks for pointing

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

    • Show all 47 messages in this topic