      but some arse turns the text into a weapon, pity the rest
      As the text is the basis of the violence....  who do you target, folks who also revere silly old bs. the text or hive off jihadists?
      The violent minority shfiting jihad shows you cannot ignore the relationship; the escalation DC sent out

      On 2017-11-30, at 6:29 AM, Stanley N Salthe ssalthe@... [gaiapc] wrote:

      Building on Steve's point here -- the Quran CAN be interpreted to urge violence against infidels. It is a poetic text which can have many, even contradictory interpretations -- ALL valid.

      STAN

      On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Steve Kurtz kurtzs@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      Mr North contends that these put downs are not ad hominem:

       your political illiteracy. By now, it is clear from Madeline's many posts that they exhibit the same biased, simplistic views of the issue as yours do. If these habits of thinking are a manifestation of the Old School Conservatism that you say you both profess, they do not speak well of it.

      (our) illiteracy, biased, simplistic views, habits of thinking…

      Gee, that’s astute analysis of the content of the article and shows intimate knowledge of the Koran ! ;-)

      It so happens that I pasted a friends short intro which had the “Islam” statement, but in general I agree with him since there is ample text in the Koran supporting his position.

      Cheers on the Portside!

      Steve

      On Nov 29, 2017, at 4:35 PM, Karl S North knorth@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

       your political illiteracy. By now, it is clear from Madeline's many posts that they exhibit the same biased, simplistic views of the issue as yours do. If these habits of thinking are a manifestation of the Old School Conservatism that you say you both profess, they do not speak well of it.

      Richard Balfour
      Strategic Planner
      • SPORPORI Strategic Planning for Ocean Rise and Peak Oil Resettlement Institute

      7276 Denman Road Denman Island BC Canada V0R 1T0             250 335 0766
      Balfour Strategic Planning
      www.plancanada.com

      • Vancouver Peak Oil Executive www.vancouverpeakoil.org

      balfourarch@...