15716fw: Re: [ASPO] Continuing the conversation...ASPOM??

  • howe@megalink.net
      FYI, here is a hurried response and some ideas I sent to the ASPO USA list that I've been involved with for years.

      From: "howe@..." <howe@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:35 AM
      To: "Charles A. Hall" <chall@...>, "Arthur Berman" <bermanae@...>
      Cc: "King, Carey W" <careyking@...>, "rvodra@..." <rvodra@...>, "pkilde@..." <pkilde@...>, "aspo@..." <aspo@...>, "bob@..." <bob@...>
      Subject: Re: [ASPO] Continuing the conversation

      Never before has there been such a need for a world-wide clearing house for post-oil-age REALITY...now that it is here.

      I would propose a new association like: ASPOM to supersede what has transpired; but to include forward thinking on ALL related issues:

      ASPOM= Association for post oil age mediation. ( the acronym would indicate a renewal and succession of ASPO)

      Chapters( in no particular order):
      1. Post peak global URR quantitative fundamentals...at what price?
      2.Interaction with popular Climate-Change-environmental movements.
      3.Debt and degrowth economic fundamentals...The fallacy of interest in an age of collapse.
      4.POPULATION growth and per-capita facts.
      5.Media, marketing, social-network coordination.  Bibliography.. Clearing House.
      6. Alternatives (if any) for mitigation in the imminent age of collapse. At 22 barrels per person per year, of course, the U.S. is most implicated and at risk.
      7. The egregious impact and lifestyle of U.S. gasoline consumption ( 400 gallons per year per person to drive three trillion miles!)..which must end soon whether we like it or not.
      8. The truth and reality regarding the myths of electric cars and sporadic solar energy.  Storage? Cost?
      9. How will we feed ourselves without oil?
      10 The impact of oil on geophysical turmoil.

      Is there enough manpower in the old ASPO-USA to tackle these challenges, or do we give up?

      Maybe our ASPO contacts in other countries like: Aleklit, Campbell, Roger Bentley, Bardi, Trainer, etc. would join in.

      Happy Holidays to all.

      John Howe
      For reference, see attached.