15719Re: [gaiapc] How cattle and other grazing animals can reverse climate change

  • Karl S North
      Nice to see how Alan has refined his presentation to introduce and dramatize a complex subject in less than half an hour. My study and use of Alan's holistic decision making framework on my farm goes back twenty years. In 2002, Savory and his assistants personally trained a group of us in the US Northeast as Holistic Management (HM) educators, and I have taught it to farmers and others off and on since then.

      I also enjoyed exchanges with Dick Richardson on HM discussion lists. Dick tried to find the most revealing insights from his field to inspire big picture thinking. One of his revelations I recollect was that, by cell count, our bodies are 90% bacteria.

      The big challenge is to share HM widely enough to make any difference. I am pessimistic. It's too big a paradigm and life change for most people.

      On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Don Chisholm donchism@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      This an excellent TED talk.
      One of GPC early directors, Dick Richardson (U of Texas Austin Biology) was a big fan of Savory.

      Allen Savory on lands and animals https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=vpTHi7O66pI

      Don

      Karl North -  http://karlnorth.com/
      "Pueblo que canta no morira" - Cuban saying
      "They only call it class warfare when we fight back" - Anon.
      "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
       —Saudi saying
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic