15800Re: [gaiapc] Fwd: the Future is Indigenous...

  • alpert@skil.org
      Jada and Richard     (Two people I greatly respect)

      I am aways afraid to jump into these conversations.

      1) the indigenous never had a stable society.

      Given another one or two thousand  years
      with no intervention from the outside world each tribe world
      would  have ended in our present condition.
      Why, because they are the same genetic stock with just slightly
      different path through their  physical world.

      What should be made clear in this conversation is that
      we in our present condition have enough cognitive process
      to know we are not going to make it on our present course.

      For the result of 7.6 billion sets of behavior to direct
      a course toward a sustainable
      we need a new social contract with additional
      constraints on normal personal behavior.

      Normal behavior won’t cut it and we know it.

      the ball is in our court…..

      for my solution.

      I would be glad to read anyone’s else'’s.

      comments welcome.

      jack

      Jack Alpert      PhD   Director:
      Stanford Knowledge Integration Laboratory    http://www.skil.org
      (C) 913 708 2554      alpert@...     skype: SKILdog
      13617 W. 48th Street Shawnee, KS  66216

      On Dec 18, 2017, at 10:22 AM, Jada Thacker jadathacker@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

      Richard, thanks for sending.

      Although I fully empathize with Blanco's views, I don't think the near-term future will be "indigenous" for the mass of humanity. But the past certainly was. As obvious as it is, this fact is rarely conceded by current "environmentalists" or anybody else.

      How pathetic it is for Moderns to cast about, frantically seeking "models of sustainability," when it was we Moderns who intentionally annihilated the last sustainable societies on Earth! Agri-business/industrialism -- and all its vaunted accomplishments, cultural, scientific, and technological -- has indeed produced innumerable artifacts that might have been convenientfor humans living in "indigenous" sustainable societies 12,000 years ago. But it has never produced a single thing necessary for the survival of those societies. Quite the opposite.

      Considering this self-evident fact, it appears that human "progress" since the advent of civilization has been only a series of vain attempts to solve the problems it has caused. Moreover, civilization -- not being satisfied with even that astronomical level of futility -- has now "progressed" to inventing even more problematic solutions for problems that do not even exist: choose your favorite lethal pharmaceutical or addictive smartphone as examples.

      So, yeah, Blanco is on to something big. But like Marx, I'm afraid he is looking through the wrong end of the telescope: global society in general is not reverting inexorably toward "indigenous" communalism, but "progressing" catastrophically away from it.

      Jada

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Norberto Rodriguez <norbertorvega@...>
      Date: December 17, 2017 8:02:28 AM PST
      To: undisclosed-recipients:;
      Subject: the Future is Indigenous...

           Hugo Blanco is one the greatest indigenous leaders from Latin America. We all could learn a little bit from his visions.   Here are couple of interviews with him:

      norberto rodriguez

      Richard Balfour
      Strategic Planner
      • SPORPORI Strategic Planning for Ocean Rise and Peak Oil Resettlement Institute

      7276 Denman Road Denman Island BC Canada V0R 1T0             250 335 0766
      Balfour Strategic Planning
      www.plancanada.com

      • Vancouver Peak Oil Executive www.vancouverpeakoil.org

      balfourarch@...