15922Re: [gaiapc] Genesis 3:16 and the ecological crisis

  • Helmut L

      This (Mr jhorgan@...'s) is an unwarranted conflation of

      (1) natural sex drives: females choose the male who appears being the fittest for procreation;

      and

      (2) social conditioning, of which misogyny is one important of many social habits.

      Blaming women for patriarchy and its sequels, and the ecological crisis, is plain stupid, Mr John Horgan.

      [BTW, a "crisis" would suggest that better times  are expected, after the worst is over. That is the usual dreaming. It can only get worse,  and finish in a total Seneca-cliff collapse. cf: http://www.ecoglobe.ch/basics/e/index.htm#images ]

      Genesis 3:16 is "just" an expression of the worst men have concocted to stay in power: "To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe ...biblehub.com; New International Version To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule ..."

      Indeed, HE will rule, even though HE is *not* the fittest for the female.

      Mr John Horgan's conclusion is pixelized blabla.

      "Proponents of biological theories of sexual inequality accuse their critics of being “blank slaters,” who deny any innate psychological tendencies between the sexes. This is a straw man. I am not a blank-slater, nor do I know any critic of evolutionary psychology who is. But I fear that biological theorizing about these tendencies, in our still-sexist world, does more harm than good. It empowers the social injustice warriors, and that is the last thing our world needs."

      Helmut@... Enjoy today
      www.ecoglobe.ch/scenarios
      www.ecoglobe.ch/requiem
      www.ecoglobe.ch/basics/e/index.htm#images

      Le 30 déc. 2017 03:14, "Luis Gutierrez ltg4263@... [gaiapc]" <gaiapc@...> a écrit :

      Fascinating, see Genesis 3:16.  I think that this cultural disorder, which was latent but became exacerbated by the energy surplus of fossil fuels, is the primary root of the ecological crisis:

      Do Women Want to be Oppressed?
      Evolutionary theorists propose that female desire for domineering males helped create a patriarchal world.
      John Horgan, Scientific American, 29 December 2017
      https://blogs. scientificamerican.com/cross- check/do-women-want-to-be- oppressed/

      Luis
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic