Fwd: : Millions spent as Elite Academia gather for huge "Climate Engineering Conference 2017" ~ "Solar Radiation Management"' is #1 choice of discussion ...

  • narguimbau@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , 12 Nov, 2017

      fyi

      -------- Forwarded Message --------
      Subject:: Millions spent as Elite Academia gather for huge "Climate Engineering Conference 2017" ~ "Solar Radiation Management"' is #1 choice of discussion ...
      Date:Sun, 12 Nov 2017 04:27:25 +0000 (UTC)
      From:bert bartsch <bertmbartsch@...>
      To:Valeri Hood <bertmbartsch@...>

      Huge amount of money, time and efforts continue to be spent to legitimize and promote climate engineering.
      As the "powers-that-shouldn't-be" continue to deny the over "7 DECADES OF CLIMATE ENGINEERING
      spraying programs. Please scroll down and take a look at this 2017 Climate Engineering Conference schedule
       below.  Here is a description of just one of the dozens of talks scheduled:

      Parallel Session 2.2: Climate engineering: What goes up must come down
      What goes up must come down. If we pump particles into the stratosphere, how will that effect
      air quality at the ground level?  Solar geoengineering may also reduce the self-cleansing capacity
      of the near-surface atmosphere, allowing pollution to build up.  Alternatively, some aspects of air
       pollution may actually be reduced.
      Tim Butler - Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) & Freie Universität Berlin ,
        Simone Tilmes - National Center for Atmospheric Research , Sebastian Eastham - Harvard University
      Lauren Marshall - University of Leeds , David Keith - Harvard University , Lili Xia - Rutgers University ,
        Alan Robock - Rutgers University

      Regarding the above: Most of those people already know the effects. How these men
      and women can continue to "live the lie", after thousands of rain, water and soil tests
      (showing off-the-chart-levels of climate engineering chemical contamination) have been
      documented is "pure madness" on their part. This crime against nature, humans and
      all life should have been stopped long ago.  The lying class just continues to lie to the masses.

      Rose

      http://www.ce-conference.org/cec17-program

      CEC17 Program

      Monday
      09:00 - 16:00 SRMGI Global Forum (by invitation only)
      The SRM Governance Initiative (SRMGI) is an international, NGO-driven project for expanding the discussion of SRM climate engineering research governance to developing countries.
      16:00 - 18:30 CEC17 Registration
      All registered participants are asked to come to the foyer of the Umweltforum to pick up their name tags between 4pm and 6.30pm.
      18:30 - 22:00 CEC17 Opening Event + Reception
      This evening reception will mark the official opening of the Climate Engineering Conference 2017. Mark Lawrence, Scientific Director of the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies and Chair of the CEC17 Advisory Group, will welcome all conference participants and introduce three keynote speakers, Michael Taylor of the University of the West Indies, author Oliver Morton and Michelle Gyles-McDonnough, of the Executive Office of the Secretary General, United Nations (UN EOSG).
      Mark Lawrence (Advisory Group Chair) - Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) Potsdam , Michael Taylor - University of the West Indies , Oliver Morton - The Economist , Michelle Gyles-McDonnough - Executive Office of the Secretary General, United Nations (UN EOSG)
      Tuesday
      09:00 - 10:30 Plenary: SRM & CDR updates + ignite-style talks on major projects
      This plenary session will update on key natural science findings & key social science developments on SRM & CDR, pointing interested listeners to individual sessions which will cover the topics in more detail.
      The overview talks will be followed by (major) project updates from individuals as ignite-style talks.

      Stefan Schäfer (Steering Committee Chair) - Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) Potsdam
      Ben Kravitz - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory , Naomi Vaughan - University of East Anglia , David Keith - Harvard University , Douglas MacMartin - Cornell University, California Institute of Technology , Janos Pasztor - Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance Initiative (C2G2) , Linda Schneider - Heinrich Böll Foundation , Andreas Oschlies - GEOMAR Kiel , Phil Williamson - University of East Anglia & UK Greenhouse Gas Removal Research Programme , Andy Parker - Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) Potsdam
      10:30 - 11:00 Break
      11:00 - 12:30 Parallel Session 1.4: Achieving the SDGs: Governing Geoengineering in a post-Paris world
      Governance of climate geoengineering is a very challenging endeavour on many levels and may become a necessity given the level of demonstrated ambition to act. Come to listen and contribute actively in a World Café setting to what UN officials, policymakers, researchers and civil society organisations have to say about why geoengineering governance must be discussed in the context of urgent, accelerated mitigation efforts and delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
      Janos Pasztor - Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance Initiative (C2G2) , Kai-Uwe Schmidt - Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance Initiative (C2G2) , Nicholas Harrison - Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance Initiative (C2G2)
      Wenjiang Zhang - World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) ,
      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • woodard214
      Message 2 of 5 , 13 Nov, 2017
        So is Rose a chemtrails enthusiast or what? I don't see any citations
        for the "thousands of tests."

        Doug Woodard
        St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

        On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:34:53 -0500, "'narguimbau(at)earthlink.net' "
        <gaiapc@...> wrote:
        > fyi

        <snip>

        > HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY, TIME AND EFFORTS CONTINUE TO BE SPENT TO
        > LEGITIMIZE AND PROMOTE CLIMATE ENGINEERING.  AS THE
        > "POWERS-THAT-SHOULDN'T-BE" continue to deny the over "7 DECADES OF
        > CLIMATE ENGINEERING"  SPRAYING PROGRAMS. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND TAKE
        > A LOOK AT THIS 2017 CLIMATE ENGINEERING CONFERENCE SCHEDULE  BELOW.
        > HERE IS A DESCRIPTION OF JUST ONE OF THE DOZENS OF TALKS SCHEDULED:
        >
        > Parallel Session 2.2: Climate engineering: What goes up must come
        > down [4]
        > What goes up must come down. If we pump particles into the
        > stratosphere, how will that effect
        > air quality at the ground level?  Solar geoengineering may also
        > reduce the self-cleansing capacity
        > of the near-surface atmosphere, allowing pollution to build up.
        >  Alternatively, some aspects of air
        >  pollution may actually be reduced.
        > - Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) & Freie
        > Universität Berlin ,
        >   - National Center for Atmospheric Research , - Harvard University
        > - University of Leeds , - Harvard University , - Rutgers
        > University ,   - Rutgers University
        >
        > REGARDING THE ABOVE: Most of those people already know the effects.
        > How these men  AND WOMEN CAN CONTINUE TO "LIVE THE LIE", AFTER
        > THOUSANDS OF RAIN, WATER AND SOIL TESTS  (SHOWING
        > OFF-THE-CHART-LEVELS OF CLIMATE ENGINEERING CHEMICAL CONTAMINATION)
        > HAVE BEEN  DOCUMENTED IS "PURE MADNESS" ON THEIR PART. THIS CRIME
        > AGAINST NATURE, HUMANS AND  ALL LIFE SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED LONG
        > AGO.  THE LYING CLASS JUST CONTINUES TO LIE TO THE MASSES.
        >
        > Rose

        http://www.ce-conference.org/cec17-program
      • Don Chisholm
        Message 3 of 5 , 13 Nov, 2017
          It's a bit scary to browse the wild things that people will attempt in an effort to deal with symptoms of a problem, while totally ignoring the driver(s) of the problem.
          Don

          On 2017-11-12 11:34 PM, 'narguimbau@...' narguimbau@... [gaiapc] wrote:

          fyi

          Message 4 of 5 , 13 Nov, 2017
            The notion of "geoengineering the climate" is even more scary.  Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, former Exxon CEO, has said that climate change is "just an engineering problem."

            Every conceivable palliative will be manufactured in order to avoid facing the real drivers of the ecological crisis: human culture, human population, and human metabolism.

            Luis

            On 2017-11-12 11:34 PM, 'narguimbau@...' narguimbau@... [gaiapc] wrote:

            fyi

[...]

            Wenjiang Zhang - World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) , Michelle Gyles-McDonnough - Executive Office of the Secretary General, United Nations (UN EOSG) , Hai bo Gou , David Cooper - Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD) , Youba Sokona - The South Centre
          • Don Chisholm
            Message 5 of 5 , 13 Nov, 2017
              On 2017-11-13 10:09 AM, Luis Gutierrez ltg4263@... [gaiapc] wrote:

              The notion of "geoengineering the climate" is even more scary.  Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, former Exxon CEO, has said that climate change is "just an engineering problem."

              Yes.  Regarding our recent discussion about 'blind spots', I might have mentioned that they are not exclusively a phenomenon of religion!
              Don

              On 2017-11-12 11:34 PM, 'narguimbau@...' narguimbau@... [gaiapc] wrote:

              fyi