Re: Encore Episode: Reinvent the Economy

  • Don Chisholm
    Message 1 of 2 , 25 Nov, 2017
      Here's a link to Dave Gardner's latest 'Conversation Earth'.  Dave is the 'growthbusters guy' who makes a good effort toward awakening the herd.  His 'conversations' are available to radio stations.
      This episode is a conversation with Gus Speith, who is part of, "The Next System" project.
      Dave's previous episode was a chat with Denis Meadows (of Limits To Growth).

      Dave monitors the gaiapc conversations - Hi Dave.
      Don

      On 2017-11-22 8:47 AM, Dave at Conversation Earth wrote:

      Episode #118 Encore
      Reinvent the Economy: Gus Speth

      "We need to get beyond this consumerism, uh, to get beyond our hyperventilating lifestyles,...and start focusing on the things that really matter to us, to our future, to our children."

      While world leaders continue to obsess over GDP growth and pursue it at all costs, a growing list of visionaries around the world are collaborating to redefine economic objectives in a more meaningful and sustainable way. Former White House advisor Gus Speth has been at the forefront of new economic thought for decades. His prescription for change is not a bunch of economic mumbo-jumbo for boards and bankers. His ideas reach deep into the way we conduct our personal lives.

      I caught up with Gus in 2010 at the small cabin he was occupying in the woods of New England. It was a charming visit and enlightening interview. Here, he shares how climate change was discussed in the Jimmy Carter White House, the successes of environmentalism, and where and how the environmental movement has failed us.

      I'm sharing the best episodes from Season One while we take a break between seasons two and three. Please help make sure there IS a third season featuring more thought leaders like Gus Speth. Cast your vote at our Tap the Brightest Minds campaign.

      For more about Gus Speth, including links to his books and his current work, visit this episode's page on the web.
    • dave@growthbusters.com
      Message 2 of 2 , 2 Dec, 2017
        Hi back, Don. I appreciate your sharing some of the highlights of my work with the group. Yes, I guess you could say I’m lurking. I learn from you guys but seldom have time to jump into the conversations. Thank you all for caring!

        Dave Gardner
        Producer of the Documentary,
        GrowthBusters: Hooked on Growth
        How do we become a sustainable civilization?

        See the film today!

        Check out our new initiative: Growth Bias Busted

        Follow the Film / Join the movement at
        +1 719-576-5565

        On 2017-11-22 8:47 AM, Dave at Conversation Earth wrote:

[...]

        Subscribe on iTunesStitcherGoogle Play , TuneIn or PlayerFM to have these podcasts delivered every week to your device. You can also follow us on SoundCloud. Reviews and ratings help more people find the project.

        If this was forwarded to you, subscribe here to get this weekly email notice.

        Ask your local public or community radio station to carry Conversation Earth.

        Thanks for listening!

        Dave Gardner
        Host
        Conversation Earth

        Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.

        Citizen-Powered Media, 2930 Orion Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)