Fwd: [BCFSN] Free Book: Everyday Experts ;contents Graduate journal of food studies; + grant opportunity

  • Richard Balfour
    Message 1 of 1 , 2 Dec, 2017

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Andre Piver <andrepiver@...>
      Date: December 1, 2017 11:58:38 PM PST
      Subject: Fwd: [BCFSN] Free Book: Everyday Experts ;contents Graduate journal of food studies; + grant opportunity

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Abra Brynne <abra@...>
      Subject: [BCFSN] Fwd: Everyday Experts: How people’s knowledge can transform the food system
      Date: December 1, 2017 at 10:11:38 AM PST

      Hello all,
      I had the pleasure of participating in one of the chapters in the book below. Focusing on the important knowledge held in community, the book explores food systems transformation around the world. See below for a link to download the book or learn more.

      in good food,
      Abra

      Abra Brynne
      Director, Engagement & Policy
      BC Food Systems Network
      Ph: 250.352.5342 // mobile: 250.777.2480
      Skype: abra.brynne
      **I am in the office monday - wednesday and will respond as quickly as I am able.

      "Rather than concentrating on what sort of food is healthy for the individual person, we must think about what kind of production system is healthy for the globe. Acting in the context of this vision of a different kind of food system, we will gain the freedom - and the power - to force change for some measure of justice in this one." Cathleen Kneen, 1987

      Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 09:08:55 -0500
      From: Graduate Journal Food Studies <gjfseditor@...>

      We are delighted to share with you the sixth issue of the Graduate Journal of Food Studies (fall 2017, issue 4.2), which launched online today. This issue features three original research articles, five creative Food-Stuff pieces, one original work of art, and seven book reviews. See below for a full table of contents. We hope that you enjoy this issue of the Journal, and thank you for serving on the Graduate Association for Food Studies Faculty Advisory Board.

      Graduate Journal of Food Studies 4.2 | Table of Contents, Alphabetical

      Articles

      • L. Sasha Gora, “Eating the North: An Analysis of the Cookbook NOMA: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine
      • Jenny L. Herman, “#EatingfortheInsta: A Semiotic Analysis of Digital Representations of Food on Instagram”
      • Jessica Loyer, “The Cranberry as Food, Health Food, and Superfood: Challenging or Maintaining Hegemonic Nutrition?”

      Food-Stuff

      • Emily Contois and Katherine Hysmith, “The Future Publics of Food Studies: A Conversation”
      • Emily Farr and Maya Hey, “A Relay of Ferments”
      • Hannah Koper, “Head Chefs Versus CEOs: An Analysis of the Women in Charge.”
      • Alexandra Rodney, “Teaching Food Insecurity: The Social Assistance Food Budget Challenge”
      • Gretchen Sneegas, “Dry Campus, My Ass: An Autoethnography of U.S. Academic Drinking Culture”

      Art

      • Sarah Cramer with Leslie Touzeau, “CSA Box Turtle,” 2016

      Reviews

      • Hannah C. Gunderman: Brigette Sebastia (editor) Eating Traditional Food: Politics, Identity, and Practices
      • Peter Mabli: Camille Bégin, Taste of the Nation: The New Deal Search for America’s Food
      • James Edward Malin: Samantha L. Martin-McAuliffe (editor), Food and Architecture: At the Table
      • Cassandra Malis: Adrian Miller, The President’s Kitchen Cabinet: The Story of African Americans Who Have Fed Our First Families, From the Washingtons to the Obamas
      • Claudia Prieto-Piastro: Sarah Bowen, Divided Spirits: Tequila, Mezcal and the Politics of Production
      • Josiah Taylor: Jessica Hayes-Conroy’s Savoring Alternative Food: School Gradens, Healthy Eating, and Visceral Difference
      • Virginia Webb: Richard Ocejo, Masters of Craft: Old Jobs in the New Urban Economy

      Thank you for helping to make the Graduate Journal of Food Studies an exciting contribution to the world of food studies.

      With all best wishes,

      Emily

      --
      Emily J.H. Contois, MPH, MLA, MA

      PhD Candidate | American Studies | Brown University

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      FoodFit grant applications process is open! Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is pleased to announce the launch of the 2018 FoodFit grant stream. Developed at CFCC, FoodFit is a program that brings people together to set goals, learn skills, and make measurable changes in overall health and fitness. FoodFit grants will support staffing and program costs to run the FoodFit program for adults and or youth at your organization. Four grants of $40,000 (over two years) are available. For grant guidelines, deadlines, related resources, and submission instructions visit the CFCC website.

      Application Deadline- Thursday, December 21, 2017

      Social Media:

      FoodFit grant applications process is open!

      Read more and find out how to apply here: https://cfccanada.ca/new s/apply-today-2018-foodfit-gra nt

      ------------------------------ ---------------

      Alissa Vieth | Health Promotion Manager

      Please note that I am in the office Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

      Community Food Centres Canada
      80 Ward St., suite 100 | Toronto ON | M6H 4A6
      416-531-8826 x 265  | www.cfccanada.ca

      Richard Balfour
      Strategic Planner
      • SPORPORI Strategic Planning for Ocean Rise and Peak Oil Resettlement Institute

      7276 Denman Road Denman Island BC Canada V0R 1T0             250 335 0766
      Balfour Strategic Planning
      www.plancanada.com

      • Vancouver Peak Oil Executive www.vancouverpeakoil.org

      balfourarch@...