Obama Chose Wall Street Over Main Street

  • Steve Kurtz
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1 4:51 AM
      If you are unaware, I’m for single payer health insurance. But…I’m also for high taxes on junk food, including sugary cereals, candy, soda..., and enforced fines on pollution generation of all kinds. I’m for control of Pharma prices like in Canada and much of Europe & UK. I’m for large fines for risky behavior like cycling without helmets, unsafe driving, not wearing seat belts.

      Obama was supposedly for the little guy, the average folks. Trump was gonna drain the swamp. Seems the Demagogues and Repugrats are not much different. There are a few old school conservatives and independents like Sanders and Angus King of Maine who are exceptions in my opinion.

    • Karl S North
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1 8:23 AM
        "I’m for large fines for risky behavior like cycling without helmets, unsafe driving, not wearing seat belts."

        What is defined as risky behavior changes depending on how much of the systemic context is acknowledged. In the larger picture the root risky behavior is the automotive, privatized, transportation system. Seat belts are a bandaid on a bad system of transportation.

        On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 7:51 AM, Steve Kurtz kurtzs@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

        If you are unaware, I’m for single payer health insurance. But…I’m also for high taxes on junk food, including sugary cereals, candy, soda..., and enforced fines on pollution generation of all kinds. I’m for control of Pharma prices like in Canada and much of Europe & UK. I’m for large fines for risky behavior like cycling without helmets, unsafe driving, not wearing seat belts.

        Obama was supposedly for the little guy, the average folks. Trump was gonna drain the swamp. Seems the Demagogues and Repugrats are not much different. There are a few old school conservatives and independents like Sanders and Angus King of Maine who are exceptions in my opinion.

        Karl North -  http://karlnorth.com/
        "Pueblo que canta no morira" - Cuban saying
        "They only call it class warfare when we fight back" - Anon.
        "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
         —Saudi saying
      • Steve Kurtz

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2 4:44 PM
                    you got it tough, up here the skirls do not even wear skirts anymore and we got no skunks either....
                    On 2018-01-02, at 6:27 AM, Stanley N Salthe ssalthe@... [gaiapc] wrote:

                    Good Luck!  Up here we ain't got no horses!  We got skirls, and skunks...

                    STAN

                    On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Karl S North knorth@... [gaiapc] <gaiapc@...> wrote:

                    I ain't skeerd, I bin horse drawn for forty years.

                    Signed,
                    a dumb farmer.

                    <horselogging30001.JPG>
                    <Moving Hay with Horses.jpg>
                    <Raking Hay with Horsepower.jpg>
                    <Horsecomposting40001_edited.JPG>
                    <sleighride - small file.JPG>

[...]

                    Strategic Planner
                    • SPORPORI Strategic Planning for Ocean Rise and Peak Oil Resettlement Institute

                    7276 Denman Road Denman Island BC Canada V0R 1T0             250 335 0766
                    Balfour Strategic Planning
                    www.plancanada.com

                    • Vancouver Peak Oil Executive www.vancouverpeakoil.org

                    balfourarch@...