Fwd: Resolution for 2018

  • Richard Balfour
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1 1:58 PM

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Norberto Rodriguez <norbertorvega@...>
      Date: December 31, 2017 4:27:13 PM PST
      To: undisclosed-recipients:;
      Subject: Resolution for 2018

         great New Year's message from Antonio Guterres, Secretary-General of the UN... I wish all world leaders could really listen  to him... before it too late

      norberto rodriguez

      Richard Balfour
      Strategic Planner
      • SPORPORI Strategic Planning for Ocean Rise and Peak Oil Resettlement Institute

      7276 Denman Road Denman Island BC Canada V0R 1T0             250 335 0766
      Balfour Strategic Planning
      www.plancanada.com

      • Vancouver Peak Oil Executive www.vancouverpeakoil.org

      balfourarch@...

    • alpert@skil.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1 2:40 PM
        Antonio Guterres, Secretary-General of the UN
        his organization, and its members are
        working to reduce world problems at the margins of the system
        while the core system continues to deteriorate.

        Overshoot defines the core problems.
        Decreases in energy, and food deliveries
        suggest rapid increases in overshoot.

        Overshoot  will create more injuries
        than prevented by any successful efforts
        at the margins.

        Overshoot never passed his lips.
        When the UN cannot even present a clear view
        of this mistake in analysis
        it leaves with little hope that they can or will
        help humankind.

        If we are serous about what we are doing
        in our discussions
        we should look for another path forward.

        Happy New Year,

        Jack

        Jack Alpert      PhD   Director:
        Stanford Knowledge Integration Laboratory    http://www.skil.org
        (C) 913 708 2554      alpert@...     skype: SKILdog
        13617 W. 48th Street Shawnee, KS  66216

        Begin forwarded message:

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2 10:05 AM

            Thanks, Steve!
            Saves me the time for listening.

            Another path forward, Jack?
            I see none, at this level of overshoot, and thr PiP steamroller.

            Helmut@... Enjoy today
            www.ecoglobe.ch/scenarios
            www.ecoglobe.ch/requiem

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2 11:04 AM
              Helmut,

              A path forward includes a more robust view of the
              problem than even this group is focused on.

              A view of the problem has to be expanded
              to see beyond the institutional momentum
              and the genetically created culture
              which seems to trap this discussion group
              and leave you with your daily conclusion

              I see (no path forward), at this level of overshoot, and the PiP steamroller.

              Helmut, I think if you can read this incomplete view
              you will see some of this path which you have not seen before.

              Everyday I work on this path,
              It keeps me from crying.

              Maybe if you work on it
              you will cry less too.