New versions of Kenaxis and Kenaxis VBAP

  • Stefan Smulovitz
    Message 1 of 1 , 3 Feb, 2006
      Kenaxis is now at Version 2.24
      Kenaxis VBAP is now at 1.14

      http://www.kenaxis.com/downloads/downloads.html

      Some very cool new features have been added.

      1st - there is a new copy protection system. Those of you who have paid for Kenaxis and
      Kenaxis VBAP will once again have to give me a computer id#. Note this is a new number
      now. Also - I have finally figured out how to save this info in the preferences folder so you
      will never have to do this again for future updates. (Less work for you and me.)

      Now for the improvements...

      Hitting command R gives you one pulse of random changes. The changes are determined
      by your Klang Random and Gran Random settings but instead of continuous change - you
      get one change when you want it. Klang Random also finally uses the length of the file to
      set loop widths. (Its now a percentage instead of a set loop width in milliseconds that you
      are changing.)

      Pressing command T randomizes the files loaded in your klangs. It randomly loads a new
      file from the drop down menu list. For example you have a folder with 7 sounds in it and
      you drop this on the Klang. You can now see those 7 sounds in the drop down menu.
      Pressing T loads a random sound from this list. This allows you to very quickly change the
      set of sounds you are working with.

      There is now also a new variable... "Global Control Modifier" This number changes the
      amount that the Randoms or MIDI or Joystick control change the variables. For instance -
      normally the MIDI control values for a Klangs pitch are from -1 to 3 - this is still the case
      if the GCM = 1. If the GCM = 2 then the values go from -2 to 6. If GCM = 0.5 then values
      are from -0.5 to 1.5. This allows you to quickly change how much control you have of the
      variables.

      Command F opens the Filter and Delay window.

      Last change is in the standard MIDI setup. On the UC-33 - fader 8 now controls the FX
      send delay (new feature) with the top knob controlling the GCM thus you can quickly
      change the way the MIDI controller changes values by adjusting the top right knob.

      Also fixed a bug where if you were recording into the granulator weird things would
      happen with the waveform display.

      Enjoy these new features and let me know if you run into any problems.

      Stefan