VBAP distance

  • finevermin
    Message 1 of 2 , 21 Oct, 2009
      Hi,

      I'm setting up Kenaxis Surround and I see on the speaker setup window that there's now a parameter for "distance in meters to loudspeaker". What does this mean? Distance from the amp to the speakers? Distance to the center of the audience? Unfortunately I don't see anything about speaker setup in the manual.

    • Stefan Smulovitz
      Message 2 of 2 , 20 Jul, 2010
        The distance is to the center of the space. It can be used to tune the speakers by adjusting the delay time to each speaker. I usually don't bother with this as then you tune it for one small sweet spot but the audience is usually scattered all around. Tuning for the sweet spot then makes the rest of the room more out of phase.

        In other news a new version of Kenaxis Surround with a spectral panning option should be ready soon. It works but just consumes too much CPU.  A little more optimization and I'll have it ready for everyone to use.

        Best,

        Stefan

        www.kenaxis.com